This 6-hour course is for those who wish to learn new technical skills and the basics of security maneuvers. There's no better way to learn climbing in Tenerife- an island of unique volcanic landscapes which promises memorable experience. The rock structures with holes and steps are perfect for first timer; while some others boast big holds, small holds, and cracks on basalt rocks which make for more diverse and challenging attempts. Furthermore, the year-round mild climate makes it possible to practise climbing any time.
On this introductory rock climbing course, you will learn:
- Basic climbing materials and knots
- Safe belaying techniques for top-roping
- Climbing communication
- Basic climbing techniques and moves
- Awareness of outdoor climbing risks
Our SAMG certified climbing school with a team of enthusiastic and motivated instructors. Our goal is to improve your climbing skills with the highest safety possible.
Timetable: 9h - 15h
Locations: Arico, El Rio, Fasnia, Tamadaya-Arico-Viejo El Hayo- Arico (note: El Ocho team will be in touch with the most suitable location closer to date based on the weather and your skills).
What's included & what's not
- Half day climbing course 6 hours
- Climbing gear
- Full insurance
- Official SAMG certified mountain guide
Price does not include:
- Optional transfer: EUR40 (1 person) and EUR40 for 2 persons to be paid on day of the course. Transfer picks up available from Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas, Costa Adeje, El Medano and Puerto de la Cruz
- Due to limited availability, iHoppers will confirm your reservation upon checking availability. Should your preferred date is not available (and no suitable alternatives dates available), iHoppers will provide full refund of deposit paid.